[SYN] [SYN-ACK] [ACK]…General Network Error! Check your network documentation.
Recent DDoS reports against a major DNS provider have brought to light weaknesses when too much dependency is put on sole providers of cloud services. What became even more apparent — and shocking to say the least — was the level of dependency major Internet content providers such as Twitter and NetFlix, to name a couple of them, placed on these SaaS and IaaS providers without sufficient redundancy. Expecting major cloud services to not fail on the assumption that they are too big to fail and should have adequate high availability in place to prevent catastrophic failure begged for trouble. Just as in real life, clouds form, drift along, then evaporate, so should our expectations be with cloud providers.
Most Popular Articles
10 Most Recent Entries
- When the Cloud Evaporates
- Magic cookie to toggle backend server farm from prod to stg
- Google .PROD gTLD rears its head and screams "look at me"
- Cisco 'ip helper-address' and Windows DHCP Servers
- What factors drive a Cisco IOS upgrade?
- Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM) Config Diff Generator
- Cisco WLC (Wireless LAN Controller) Series - IP & VLAN Planning
- Cisco WLC (Wireless LAN Controller) Series - Building Blocks
- Cisco WLC (Wireless LAN Controller) Series - Introduction
- Top General Network Errors from Microsoft